Old 15-04-2007, 03:09 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default Oxygen in ponds

~ jan wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 13:09:50 CST, "BoyPete" wrote:

Is there an easy test for oxygen content in pond water?
I have an air pump with twin outlets combined into one, feeding an
airstone in the pond. Is there any advantage in putting a stone in my
box filter?

I know they sell oxygen meters. Not sure if they've made them more
convenient or cheaper. Our club purchased one, it has things that have to
per replaced (diaphragms?) and it has to be calibrated.... I've never
used it.

Just like the fish, good bacteria is aerobic so more air in the filter is
a good thing. I know I have one in my prefilter feeding to the
bio-chambers. ~ jan

There are color change test kits available, too. Probably more than one.
I'll try to remember to get the brand on the one I have.

~Semper Fi~