Old 15-04-2007, 11:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] Usenet2007@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG is offline

Default Pollination Guidlines?

What is pollinated in what way?

My understanding is that:

Courgettes (zucchinis) require bees or hands.

Strawberries seem to need bees(?)

Tomatoes are apparently air/wind.

The only other flowering items that I presently do, are capsicums
(green peppers), beans, and cucumbers. My vague understanding is
that they all need bees. Although maybe this is due to having a
small number of plants, with a lot fewer flowers compared to the
same quantity of tomato plants.

Although I am thinking about trying some other veggies in the
future. Might be able to make space for a little corn, or
watermelons.

I seem to be reasonably OK on bees here. But perhaps I could put
some bee-attracting flowers near the veggies that need them.
Especially while I am reducing the dandelions, etc, from the
grass areas.

Can someone recommend a chart or something?

Thanks...

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/