Old 15-04-2007, 01:49 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
drsolo drsolo is offline

Default Oxygen in ponds

http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod...ions.passInCat
egoryKey=23621

yeah, actually bacteria in the filter LOVE oxygen.

I was thinking that oxygen with air makes cloudy ice cubes. wonder if there
is some direct relationship between how cloudy and how much oxygen.

I am sure with an air pump you are getting plenty of oxygen into the water.
most important is to NOT have pea soup algae when the temp of the water gets
over 80oF. that is when the algae will use up the oxygen overnight and the
fish are gasping/dying in the morning. Ingrid

"BoyPete" wrote in message
Is there an easy test for oxygen content in pond water?
I have an air pump with twin outlets combined into one, feeding an

airstone
in the pond. Is there any advantage in putting a stone in my box filter?

--
ßôyþëtë
London, UK