Old 15-04-2007, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Keith \(Dorset\) Keith \(Dorset\) is offline

Default Composting Rhubarb leaves.

Thanks everyone, for the reassurance. My compost has 'seemed' to be not far
from perfect for a while now.

I am not trying to be clever, but since I have used wooden box frames, kept
a wide mixture of ingredients, placed old glazed windows over the tops to
enable the compost to warm... and added a little nitrogen, (in one form or
another).

Kept aerated by turning every month or so, it comes out great after not many
months at all.

Keith

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message
I was watching the TV earlier tonight and an 'allotmenteer' said she
doesn't compost rhubarb leaves because they are too acid.

I have always composted ours.

Any comments please?