Old 15-04-2007, 08:17 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Mid April report

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 07:46:03 CST, "drsolo" wrote:

Today I take the plastic off my pond and start setting up the veggie filter.
whew. it is finally getting back to normal temp after a cold week and a
record breaking snow. the pond water has been 55-60 and it is still clear,
no ammonia and just the bucket filter. I have never had it this clear so
early. OTOH, I have never fed daphnia and krill rather than "fish food"
either. This year I AM going to build a greenhouse type superstructure for
winter. There are entirely too many days each spring and fall I could be
sitting outside by my pond if I could just use a little "greenhouse effect".
Ingrid

I'd like to figure out how to put bird netting over my lily pond, so it is
high enough not to affect those walking in. There is a 4ft. chain link
around it, so I'm thinking attach to that then go high with perhaps pvc
painted black. This would hopefully keep out the anti-frog neighbor's nasty
sycamore leaves. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us