Old 16-04-2007, 01:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Marcella Peek Marcella Peek is offline

Default Fun out of gardening

Preen. Magic stuff. It's made from corn gluten and inhibits seeds from
sprouting.

That said, you need to transplant your veggies rather than direct sow.

marcella

In article ,
"Leeper" wrote:

I spent nearly a decade ammending my soil with natural amendments, and it is
now very fertile.

In recent years though, the battle with weeds has taken all the fun out of
it, and weeds just love the soil, and grow exceedingly fast and vigorous.

It has gotten so bad, that last year, I skipped planting it.

However, I miss the fresh produce off the vine, and the store bought stuff
tastes like wet cardboard.

How do you guys deal with the weeds?

I'm concidering covering everything with plastic this year, in the hope the
heat will kill many of the weed seeds.