Old 16-04-2007, 05:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dave Dave is offline

Default Growing lettuce

wrote in message
oups.com...
After the seeds sprout, they just die.

What do I need to do?

Not sure. Can't see your conditions and what you're doing or not doing.

I have a pesky lettuce growing just barely on the gravel driveway. I don't
water it. The soil there is some kind of red clay in the road base. Soil
beneath is classic hill country rock/gravel/light brown clay. It grew there
last year too, whithered away in summer. Now its back again.

2 lettuce from last year are from seed blossomed from the prior year's
garden. A few further down the furrow I just planted a couple of weeks ago.
They're babies. They seem to struggle for a few weeks, then take off here.
--
Dave

Apathy and denial are close cousins