Old 16-04-2007, 05:06 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bill Stock Bill Stock is offline

Default Mid April report

"drsolo" wrote in message
. com...
Today I take the plastic off my pond and start setting up the veggie
filter.
whew. it is finally getting back to normal temp after a cold week and a
record breaking snow. the pond water has been 55-60 and it is still
clear,
no ammonia and just the bucket filter. I have never had it this clear so
early. OTOH, I have never fed daphnia and krill rather than "fish food"
either. This year I AM going to build a greenhouse type superstructure
for
winter. There are entirely too many days each spring and fall I could be
sitting outside by my pond if I could just use a little "greenhouse
effect".
Ingrid

Pond is still 40°F here and that's with the heater. :-(

The grand uncovering is probably still a month away.