Old 16-04-2007, 05:43 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default Oxygen in ponds

In article ,
Hal wrote:

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 13:09:50 CST, "BoyPete"
wrote:

Is there an easy test for oxygen content in pond water?
I have an air pump with twin outlets combined into one, feeding an airstone
in the pond. Is there any advantage in putting a stone in my box filter?

Some people think air in the bio filter is the greatest development in
fish keeping in a long time.

http://www.koivillage.com/filtration/nexus.html

Download the PDF and dream a while.
I can't afford one, but if I win the lottery, or in my next life maybe
I'll set up a pond with one of these.

Actually a friend is trying filter media in a barrel with an adequate
air pump to agitate the media to see if we can do something similar.

Regards,

Hal

I have twin outlets on my pump (with bio pre-filter), one going to the
external filter and then the waterfall, and the other to a venturi
pulling air from the surface and pushing water and air around the pond.
Cheap and efficient.