Old 16-04-2007, 09:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Compost Bins - are they smelly?

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 11:52:27 +0100, Space wrote:

However, are compost bins smelly? I know it involves rotting down
garden and food waste so it must be.

There are basically two different "rotting processes", aerobic and
anerobic. The nasty smelly one is anerobic (no air/oxygen) but fortunately
a properly working compost bin is aerobic and though I wouldn't say it is
odour free any smell should be mild and sweet.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail