Old 16-04-2007, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] SGriff79@gmail.com is offline

Default Filling a large hole in the lawn

thanks Rob

I didnt even think about turning over the existing lawn and using the
material, but its an obvious solution. I was thinking transplant the
existing lawn, or using completley new materail and reseed.

I think I'll go with your option of using the existing soil and
turning the grass into the hole.

Can anyone suggest how deep the top surface should be ? I assume if
its too shallow the water will drain away too quickly.