Old 16-04-2007, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Serena Blanchflower Serena Blanchflower is offline

Default Floppy Eucalyptus

I had a eucalyptus cut down, about a year ago, in the hope of turning
it into a large shrub. After a few months, there was a huge amount of
new growth and, in the autumn, the new shoots were thinned down, just
leaving a few of the stronger ones. They are now looking rather
floppy and sorry for themselves.

What can I do to encourage them to grow up and develop into a strong
shrub? Will it be enough to give them some support, to get them going
in the right direction? At the moment, they can hardly see the light,
as there are a number of taller shrubs surrounding them. You can see
a photo of it at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66407485@N00/461346555/ - the previous
picture in the set is the same eucalyptus last August, when it had
started sprouting enthusiastically.

--
Cheers, Serena

I have never heard anything about the resolutions of the apostles, but
a good deal about their acts. (Horace Mann)