Old 16-04-2007, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Recommended shrubs for common land on our estate

On 16 Apr, 13:29, wrote:
... by which I don't mean the acre of my country estate where the
peasants go to graze their sheep, rather the useless patch of land
that is supposed to be the garden for my flat in Camberwell (dodgy
part of London for those unfamiliar with it) but which looks like a
redundant piece of land on my housing estate.
I thought I'd try to put some low maintenance shrubs in it - the sort
of thing you find planted in supermarket car parks, or other "utility"
areas.
Do you know what I mean? Uninspiring but tough and low maintenance
(I'm not home very often so can't spend much time looking after them)
Can anyone recommend anything - it's part shade, not sure of soil type

Depends which supermarket you go to tee hee On mine we can find
lavenders, rows upon rows of healthy glorious lavender, sun flowers in
the summer with cornflowers and various grasses, eucalyptus and bay,
rosemary, thyme etc.... Seriously, how big is that land approximately
and I'll give you some ideas. Also do people pass there a lot? I don't
understand. You say it's common land but also your garden. Which is it?