Old 16-04-2007, 02:04 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
drsolo drsolo is offline

Default Scared fish, string algae and thank you for moderating

It is better to use floating food for koi. And koi are hot herbivores.
They mostly need protein and fats supplied by the little critters that feed
on the algae. If the pond isnt big enough there wont be enough. Ingrid

"RG" wrote in message
ups.com...
Think I should use Koi food that sinks (if so, brand suggestion?) or
can I just not feed them and let them eat all that algae?