Old 16-04-2007, 02:56 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
drsolo drsolo is offline

Default Mid April report

wowo... my total veggie filter is 12" x 12" by maybe 14 ' long along 2 sides
of the pond. The distance is needed to get the silt out. I am going to use
PVC pipe like someone suggested, put my pots of stuff in that. last year
the cyperus got so big I couldnt get it back out of the filter. I recovered
a couple chunks and whacked the rest and my DH got them out this spring.
what I especially like is putting big baskets of flowers in the filter with
just the bottom of the basket in the water ... the color is so nice and I
never need to water those baskets all year. Ingrid

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
oups.com...
Total time for a 4 x 8 pond: 30 min.
That does it for the year.Total annual maintence of filter system: 1.5
hours. Man, do I like veggie filters with drains