Old 16-04-2007, 05:38 PM posted to rec.ponds
chereena chereena is offline

Default New pond/koi owner questions

This sounds like a very apt description of what is going on because
the water is not as clear as the lower pond. I bought some new koi
last week and that's where I released them because I was afraid they
would get eaten by the others. I need more plant life in the bottom
pond for them to hide in and that's on order too.

Thank you.

On Apr 15, 1:14 pm, "Phyllis and Jim"
wrote:
Your top pond sounds as though it could serve as a veggie filter.
Does it have 10% the surface of the lower pond? That is the
recommended minimum for a veggie filter.

If you have good root systems up there, moderate depth and a modest
flow through, you will collect muck up there and could shop vac it
out.

Jim