Old 16-04-2007, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Scarify lawn before weed feed'n mosskill?

Peter Robinson wrote:

I hope that's not true because I expended much effort on Saturday
scarified my extremely mossy back lawn on Saturday before mowing it. I
was intending to weed & feed it today, but didn't get round to it. So
much to do at this time of year!

I have the box of pellets, and am now working out exactly when I
am allowed to use it.

Not within three days either side of mowing.
Not when the grass is moist.
Not when the soil is dry.
When rain is expected (otherwise have to water in)

I can see that I will have to sneak up on it ;-)

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.