Old 16-04-2007, 11:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M. Travis M. is offline

Default Greenhouse installation

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 20:47:50 -0700, "** Frank **"
wrote:

I have a 200 square foot greenhouse which is anchored using in
ground,
auger-like thingies. They were sold as an accessory with the
greenhouse. I didn't visit the URL you provided, but we have
strong,
straight line winds here in S. Central TX and those winds can last
many hours, sometimes days. So far, the greenhouse hasn't flown
away.
If you are concerned about high winds you can actually have someone
come in and pour a foundation with the frame in it. I still say you
should take a look for accessories to hold it down.

I was considering a concrete foundation but someone told me the lime
in it
will eat away the aluminum.

I suggest you contact the manufacturer and tell them your concerns and
find out for sure what would be the best way. Concrete very well may
eat away the aluminum. Give them an email to be sure, or a phone
call.

Just use a pressure treated 2 X 4 or a 2 X 6 sill.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington