Old 17-04-2007, 01:21 AM posted to rec.ponds
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default New pond/koi owner questions

Chereena,

Ingrid is right about lava rocks (lots of surface to start with, soon
clogged). It is good that they are not in your pond. Keep us posted
as to how your veggie filter does once the plants take off. I will be
interested to see if mulm collects in your veggie filter as it does in
ours. You will know by the bottom!

I understand your big pot dilema. We have a lily in a river rock
filled laundry basket that we have debated repotting for a couple of
years. So much work to pull the rocks in the basket. We will
probably pull the lilies and olant irises in the rock. They look
great in our berm barrels and would thrive in the pond as well.

Carol has a point, be sure the pot is empty rather than dormant.

Enjoy! Isn't it nice that ponds can be played with without the world
coming to an end!

Jim