Old 16-04-2007, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle Mike Lyle is offline

Default Baking Weather

"Draven" wrote in message
k...

"Broadback" wrote in message
Draven wrote:
Bristol is having a heatwave.
I now have to go and cut hedges, in work, in this sun.

Um, I thought cutting hedges now until much later in the year was a

no no
because of nesting birds.

We have a nesting duck which I leave alone.
The site I look after is in the countryside with lots of other places

for
birds to nest rather than where the humans reside.

You're on the ground, and presumably know what's going on in your patch;
but are you really sure the hedges aren't used by nesting birds?
Hedge-cutting in April would generally be disastrous. Not a very good
idea for most kinds of hedge, either.

--
Mike.