Old 16-04-2007, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Alan is offline

Default Powered Rotary Mowers

luke58 wrote:
Just for info I bought a Mountfield a few years ago from B&Q.

To many things broke on it. So I took it back within the year for my
money back. Got my moneyback no problems. But I am led to believe that
B&Q are getting too many Mountfield returns, and are now refering you
to the nearest official Mountfield repair centre for a repair only and
no moneyback.

I bought an offical Honda afterwards. A bit more heavier thou. Had
that for 2 years now, and its had a hard life in my business. The only
fault, is the little pins that hold the folding handle together, have
come unwelded.

Buy in the USA and you can buy for half the price ???

With regard to the USA tell me about it - my tent is £290 in the UK and
$360 (£184) in the US.

I am inclined to go and pay the extra and buy a Honda - does anyone have
a view as to the merits of self propelled versus pushed (lawn is
basically flat)

TIA

Alan