Old 17-04-2007, 04:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Orange Tree from a Seed?

Bill Bowden wrote in news:1176777671.881505.232220
@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

I sprouted a little orange tree from a seed and planted it a large
styrofoam coffee cup with "supersoil" potting mix.
It has grown with 3 or 4 shoots, the longest is about 9 inches but
doesn't do well in direct sunshine.

It seems content in my kitchen window with indirect sunshine, but if I
take it outside in direct sunshine, 1 or 2 of the shoots will turn
brown and die in a couple days.

You have to do that gradually. Shade. To partial shade. To sun. Over
several weeks.

I'm wondering if it needs some special fertilizer, or more water, or a
larger pot, or less sunshine?

What are the recommended conditions for small orange trees?

-Bill

Only that you are probably unlikely to get an orange tree like the orange
your seed came from but let us know how it works out.