Old 17-04-2007, 02:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Anthony Anthony is offline

Default Powered Rotary Mowers

"Road_HogŪ" No Spam wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message

I am looking at 18' powered rotary mowers. Have heard a lot about Honda
engines being good, but you seem to pay a premium for Honda.

Wonder if I have hit on the perfect compromise - another firms mower
with a Honda Engine!

You're pretty much on the right track with your thoughts. Both machines
have exactly the same engine, ignore the black cowling on the Mountfield
and the red on the Honda, it's the same engine.

However, that's where the similarity stops, the build quality is totally
different. The deck on the Honda is thicker, quality of the frame, bag,
axle, height adjusters is just not the same. My advice one be to go to an
indepedent that sells both and have a look at them, you pays your price
and takes your choice. If you let me know your nearest town, I'd probably
know the name of the company.

Before, anyone comes along and says, I've had a Mountfield for 25 years
and it's done a sterling job. They were sold about six years ago and as a
company don't exist anymore, only as a brand/name and all machines are now
manufactured in Italy/Sweden. http://www.ggp.se/

So the mowers are made abroad.
That makes them bad how?
Aren't Honda foreign????