Old 17-04-2007, 05:05 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Mid April report

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 07:05:50 CST, "drsolo" wrote:

http://weloveteaching.com/landscape/bkyd/4-8-2007.jpg

I made a half hoop with netting to guide the Virginia creeper, Kiwi and
sweet autumn clematis over the walkway. That is gray stuff like PVC, very
cheap. The netting is more subtantial than plain old bird netting so it can
take more of a load. I use those plastic slide ties to attach it to the
chain link. well the picture is not of the finished set up. yesterday we
pulled the netting taut and used those ties to secure it. hoops can be as
high as you want and you arent going to be putting any load on it. those
gray things, I dont think they need "connectors" since one end seems flared
out to take another. would be cheaper as well. Ingrid

Well that got a lively discussion going with my son. Not sure where we'll
go with this at this time. Thanks for the picture. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us