Old 17-04-2007, 10:41 AM
maverick451 maverick451 is offline
Registered User

Location: SURREY
Default Plants for Clay soil

Hello, just joined and have a question!

I have 2 beds at the bottom of the garden either side of the lawn, the soil is heavy clay although for the last 2 years ive added alot of compost to this so its alot better than what it was. Original the idea was to have traditional style cottage garden flowers in these beds but alot I planted last year didnt survive, maybe 50% so im being more realistic this year and just going to buy some plants that are sutited more to the soil.

So if anyone has any recoemndations that would be apreciated, id like to plant a bit of everything, folliage plants flowering plants etc.

Thanks