Old 17-04-2007, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Anthony Anthony is offline

Default Powered Rotary Mowers

"Road_HogŪ" No Spam wrote in message

"Anthony" wrote in message
So the mowers are made abroad.
That makes them bad how?
Aren't Honda foreign????

Anthony

You're missing the point. Honda is foreign, but as a company it still
exisits and the products built today bear a resemblance to those of
yesteryear. To give you an analogy, think Rover cars. If you said I bought
a Rover 15 years ago and it has been an excellent car, I'm going to buy
another one based on that. You'd be a little shocked when your newly
produced Chinese Rover arrived. It wouldn't quite be the same would it.

Mountfield exists in name only, much like Rover and where as 25 years ago
it was a premium machine, it is now very much a budget machine.
No prizes for guessing which company you have connections to.

Your analogy doesn't really add up, Is Jaguar no longer a luxury car maker
because it is owned by Ford?
Rolls Royce, Bentley, Lamborghini,Volvo also spring to mind. If you are
saying that moving their manufacturing
bases to another country is the problem, then thats another kettle of fish
entirely.
Do Honda products become bad because they come from Swindon?

Where are Mountfield products made? Are Stiga products budget machines? (not
in my experience!).
You seem to be tarring all GGP products with the same brush.

Just because a product has Honda stamped on it does not make it the best. My
father has returned 2 Izy models to the shop
under guarantee for a full refund. I also have a Honda GXV engined mower in
the garage, with a hole in the crankcase
where the conrod has made a bid for freedom!!! Maybe because it was made in
the USA????

Honda cars and motorbikes have in my experience been the most reliable
methods of transport I have ever owned,
but their mowers have not lived up to the hype.
Your experience may be different.

Cheers
Anthony