Old 17-04-2007, 09:45 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
BoyPete BoyPete is offline

Default Oxygen in ponds

humBill wrote:
On Apr 14, 2:09 pm, "BoyPete" wrote:
Is there an easy test for oxygen content in pond water?
I have an air pump with twin outlets combined into one, feeding an
airstone in the pond. Is there any advantage in putting a stone in
my box filter? --
ßôyþëtë
London, UK

Everyone seems to have answered positively to the airstone being in
the filter box; and this may well be the best use of the two outlets.
But I will at least mention that this will probably not do lots for
adding oxygen to the pond. Remember it is the air bubbles breaking
the surface of the water that actually make the oxygen exchange into
the water. JMO
Bill

Thanks Bill.
--