Old 28-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Kay Easton

Default Help Please

In article , Jack
writes
I have one of these, too (salix kaprea kilmarnock). It hasn't shown much
growth yet but it usually grows like crazy in May and I have to trim back
its branches as they get too long. However, last week I cut mine right back
as it was looking incredibly ugly - an umbrella shape rather than weeping.
I trust it will start new growth soon.

Unfortunately, since they're grafted, you can't cut them right back to
ground level, so you're still left with the knob on a stick. I reckon
the only way to keep them weeping would be to tie down the new growths
with black cotton.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: