Old 18-04-2007, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default First Garden - Lawnmower advice

"greg" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I've just bought a house & am faced with my first garden (which is
great) and buying my first lawnmower (which is not).

I was looking at this offer in Argos,
A Flymo Easimo Rotary Mower and Flymo mini trim for £59.99
but I haven't got a clue about lawnmowers and I've no idea if this is
a good deal or not. Please help!

Depends on how large the lawn is, this machine only cuts 32cm (just over a
foot) wide, how wide is your lawn? It has wheels not a roller, it wont give
a stripe effect. It is electric so needs power cable (lets not get into that
again) how far is the lawn from a socket? It probably won't do well on wet
grass, how flexible are you on when to mow?

Only you can answer if it meets your needs. Yes it will cut grass, and may
be perfect for your use, but remember you do get what you pay for. My old
mum used to mow a massive lawn with a 22 inch electric Flymo and was very
happy with electric machines, but she was retired and had all the time in
the world to do it.

Having said all that I have heard of petrol heads who go out and buy great
big macho ride on machines for lawns so small that there is not even space
to turn it round, and were happy just playing with it.

Mike