Old 18-04-2007, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default First Garden - Lawnmower advice

On 18 Apr 2007 00:58:10 -0700, greg wrote:

I've just bought a house & am faced with my first garden (which is
great) and buying my first lawnmower (which is not).

I was looking at this offer in Argos,
A Flymo Easimo Rotary Mower and Flymo mini trim for £59.99
but I haven't got a clue about lawnmowers and I've no idea if this is
a good deal or not. Please help!

How much lawn have you got 10 acres, 1, a large hankerchief? Is it flat,
is the grass nice "lawn grass" or more like a meadow?

Do you need a trimmer for going around trees growing the the lawn? My
experience of an electric trimmer was not nice, anything more than three
blades of grass cause it to stop. But then I'm used to a medium petrol
strimmer that'll deal with nettles and thick stemmed grass not a few
whimpy blades. If you only have lawn edging requirements a pair of decent
quality ordinary shears will do, produce a better edge, be easier to use
and be useful for other things (any hedges?).

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail