Old 18-04-2007, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Fence post problem

wrote in message
oups.com...
On 18 Apr, 07:14, "Norman Digger" wrote:
I've got some redundant fence posts (vandals smashed the bits in
between which originally provided their raison d'etre) - they're only
a couple of foot high but I'm not sure how they're bedded in. They do
seem fairly solid.

I still have one question - if the posts are concreted in, will I be
able to dig them out?

I have removed concreted in post in the past and it was not a straight
forward task. Digging out is bloody hard work if they are in deep as you
have to dig out the ball of concrete as well. Breaking the concrete with a
hammer action power tool (kango hammer or the like) helps but it can still
be hard to get the post out. I found my "High lift" jack pulled some out
without the need to break the concrete and pulled them all out after
breaking the concrete.

Do you need to take them out? Could you not cut/break them off just below
the surface?

Mike