Old 18-04-2007, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Colin Hammond Colin Hammond is offline

Default Sweetcorn

I have grown sweetcord for a number of years and seem to have increasing
difficulty in making the seeds germinate. This year only 10 have germinated
out of 23 pots. If they are going to germinate they usually do in about a
week so I would get rid of your present pots and start again.
Best of luck sweetcorn straight from the garden is wonderful.
Colin

"Donna (UK)" wrote in message
k...
Good Morning All

I am trying to grow some sweetcorn and have put 6 corns in pots inside a
propagator about one month ago and they do not seem to be doing anything.
Has anyone ever tried to grow sweetcorn? How long does it take to
germinate usually? I have tried to look online but I can not seem to find
anything on sweetcorn germinatation.

Am debating just chucking the ones I have planted and trying some new
seeds.

Thank you
Donna