Old 28-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Nedra/Lotus question

I almost hate to ask this question with so many of you still waiting for
your ponds to thaw, but my lotus got a jump on me: I was planning on
transplanting it, but it started to grow before I got to it. I have about 20
or so new aerial leaves at this time. I stuffed about 4 of the 1 inch pieces
of "fruit tree spikes" into the pot, but the leaves are looking a little
anemic . . . i.e., they're green, but kinda yellowish in the middle, with
only the veins being green. I had this problem last year, but don't remember
how I fixed it. Liquid Ironite? Miracle Grow? There are no fish in the pot,
just the plant. Also, I got ZIP for flowers last year - lots of leaves, no
flowers (although the plant had flowers the year I purchased it).

All suggestions welcomed at this point. I think it's too late to transplant
it into a bigger pot, but I'll try if needed.

TIA, Lee