Old 18-04-2007, 04:32 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Oxygen in ponds

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 07:04:51 CST, Phyllis and Jim
wrote:

How does a waterfall or a stream compare to a bubbler? Do they have
stats for that? They make for a lot of surface exposure. Jim set up
our berm to have the water go over four falls before running down an 8
foot stream into the pond. He saw that as getting pretty near full
oxygenation. Phyllis

Hiya Phyllis, There was an article, but now I can't remember whether it was
in a magazine or on the web regarding this, with stats. What I remember
from it was that water falling on rocks got the highest score, then
fountains, then airstones... I believe. I'm only positive about the water
falling on rocks. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us