Old 18-04-2007, 11:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
William Rose William Rose is offline

Default Reuse of spa water

In article ,
Goomba38 wrote:

William Rose wrote:

When does the ozone generator get used? Hopefully not when there is
anybody in the tub. In commercial use, respirators and maximum
ventilation are required. It protects us from ultra-violet but turns
tires into dust. You do not want to breath it.

- Bill
Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (but, not when it comes to breathing
ozone. Don't do it.)

---------

Goomba38 wrote

Ozone water systems are quite common in spas and hot tubs. No health
alarms have been sounded over them that I'm aware of?

---------
Goomba,
I am not an authority on the toxicity of O3 (ozone) however I've worked
with it and I've been told to respect it. Somebody, somewhere must have
found an acceptable LD50 level for it but,

the American Lung Association
http://lungaction.org/reports/sota04_heffects3.html
and,
the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health & Safety
http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/chemi...e/health_ozo.h
tml apparently haven't given their imprimatur to it
and,
OSHA has set fairly strict limits to exposer of it.
http://www.osha.gov/dts/chemicalsamp...CH_259300.html

I don't know but, if your going to get one, you should research it out
first. It is not a no brainer. My observation is that it is really
ridiculous that we are at the point where we need an advocate when we go
into the market place. Who can know all this stuff? We do self-help in
this news group but when it comes to GMOs, cloned meats, safe
insecticides, drugs, and cell phones, we are the guinea pigs. Oh yeah,
that goes for CEO Presidents too.(Remember that one?)

- Bill
Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)