Old 18-04-2007, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Stewart Stephen Stewart is offline

Default Scarify lawn before weed feed'n mosskill?

"Peter Robinson" wrote in message
Stephen Stewart wrote:
I did it entirely by hand once and it nearly killed me. :-)

Mind you I did go over it about five times before I was happy.

After mowing and picking up more moss than grass, it's quite depressing
how much there still seems to be left.

Peter

That was always my problem too.

No matter how many times you go over it with a rake if you rake it again
you'll still get more.

As much as I admire your stamina powered scarifiers do a far more thorough
job and are relatively cheap. :-)

Life's too short for some things but unfortunately as far as moss goes it
took me a while to find that out. :-)

Stephen