Old 18-04-2007, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Les Hemmings Les Hemmings is offline

Default Abbey Gardens, Tresco

Sacha wrote:
We just spend 5 days there and of course, visited the wonderful
gardens. No, we didn't see an Embothrium in flower but plenty of
other things were rampant! Echiums were flowering well, though some
were still biding their time.

Echiums still in bud here in S. Kent... I grew these in Brixham before,
first time up here. Was told to expect to lose them over the winter but they
did fine even through a few days of snow and ice. They really are not as
delicate as some make out in my experience.

These look like they're on the way to 15ft at least. Looking forward to
those blue columns with squadrons of bees in the summer. Plus, once they've
seeded, Kent will have a new and somewhat dramatic weed... They spring up
everywhere once introduced.

Les

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.