Old 28-03-2003, 02:56 PM
lms

Default best roses for Albuquerque, NM

In article ,
says...

In article , lms
wrote:

a renewed spirit. heheh. Am waiting for another Dr. Brownell,

Didja kill the first one? I'm about to lay good money on the line for
that one for someone who's listened to you, so if it croaked on its
own, we need to know so we can buy something better.

oh no, it didn't croak, it's immense and symmetrical, absolutely unfazed by
winter and truly stunning in blum. I've tried to take a pic of it naked but
the true impact of it is never there. Definitely the happiest HT around here
although some queenbitches have better form. I'll take the mass of
color any day, it just blasts it.

another Sunsprite,

and likewise this one and McCartney. had a wild hair this time, I'm going
with a few I 'know' won't disappoint--although a dozen years ago I planted
a second Sunsprite that to this day (as far as I know) is only a few inches
high, tops, and has never gotten above this level. Totally beyond me how
it's done this, but it won't die and I keep it as a 'study'. Actually, there's
no reason why I keep it, other than the fact that I'd probably kill something
else, like the columbine that keeps it that small heheh or the daffs and tulips
beneath if I 'did' anything about it. live and let live you know.

which taught me a thing or two about pruning this year. I BR'd mine to
redecorate, and I'll be damned if it doesn't look soooo much better
after the vicious attack of cutting all the canes back to about a foot.

the landscape is noticeably different this year, even the horseshoers noticed
it, said things looked more 'open' for some reason. yeah, new chainsaw. more
horsepower. the first time I fired it up was on this 20' cottonwood branch,
god knows how much it weighed, but I was bracing myself about 10' up on the
ladder, and when it dropped with the mightiest craaaaaaack, it came back on
me and knocked the breath outa me as it glanced off my chest, then my arms,
then my leg, didn't get me anywhere. half an inch closer god knows what kinda
gaping holes I'd have where but I got down and had a good laugh and felt real
good about my new toy. I *did go reread the instructions on how to make a
branch fall in the right place, didn't have any more close calls after that
but it is scary hearing and feeling that final craaaack when a big one goes
down.

another Paul McCartney, Barbara Streisand, Amalia, some kinda
'Autumn' gd climber, and Fire Meidelland. That oughta do me. I think I'm
most excited about the clitoria in the greenhouse though. I broke the first
one that popped out, really pistmeov. But anyways, Happy Spring, Cass.

And it's going to be an early one here. Safrano is already covered, as
much as it ever does, along with Fortune's Double Yellow.

the closest I can get to Safrano is Sharon's Delight and it's doing fine,
thanks. the half of it that whitedog dug up year before last, I planted it
in an exposed location and it no likee, needs something behind it to catch
the rays and keep it warm, here, that is a section of 4' 1 x 12 fence.

Making that
pilgrimage to the Vintage Gardens FDY today, might ask to steal a
cutting because theirs is better and different from mine,

well that's not good.

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Ecbernst...AY/26Mar03.jpg

a phenomenally good and missing link. how do these things happen?