Old 19-04-2007, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson Sally Thompson is offline

Default Unwanted California Fan Palm Seeds

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 08:43:49 +0100, Charlie Pridham wrote
(in article ):

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...
I recently ordered some seeds from a company called Supreme Seeds and as a
thank you received a gift of two California Fan Palm seeds. Since these
apparently like hot dry conditions and I live in Shropshire, they don't

seem
terribly appropriateg. Also they can apparently grow to 50 ft.

snip

I grow Washingtonia robusta here, but with difficulty (it is protected over
winter) the ones on Tresco are also very tatty. I am now trying Washingtonia
filerfera but its not looking as if its going to be a lot tougher. It does
not seem to be cold that's the problem but wet on the leaves while its cold,
so hail and snow just make the leaves go brown,
It is however a very handsome palm and for a palm very fast growing.

So would you like them Charlie?

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk