Old 19-04-2007, 05:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
Nanzi Nanzi is offline

Default Orange Tree from a Seed?

On Apr 18, 5:28 am, "symplastless" wrote:
After the seedling is established in its new container, feed it VERY
LIGHTLY

We do not feed trees. We can add essential elements. Trees manufacture
their own food.

Also I know of no data to support that tree wrap or painting the truck do
what they claim it does. I welcome the research.

The tree painting history is this. There was a day when women were in
charge of all the chores within the house. The men were in charge of
everything outdoors. There was two rules. 1. If it moves grease it. They
greased the gate, the greased the garage door. #2. If it did not move it
got pained white. The fence, the rocks and the trees. That's the history
of painting trees. Also trees do move. They do not move in the sense that
they run from danger or move from danger. However they constantly move in
place. That is why we recommend using a device like this for staking young
trees as not to injure or hurt the tree when it sways. Compasrde to my
competition, the torture of wire in a hose..

http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/camb/

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arboristhttp://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

Hi John Keslick, I have a Japanese Maple that had storm damage several
years ago. It is about 6 - 7' tall, 16 years old, and is beautiful,
However where the branch was broken off there is a hole. What do I do
now? is there any hope that this tree will not rot inside and die??
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Nanzi