Old 19-04-2007, 06:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default How much watering?

jellybean stonerfish wrote in
news
On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:22:05 -0700, William Rose wrote:

I use drip irrigation. I get the paper in the morning, turn on the
water. Finish my coffee, turn off the water. Watering is very
relaxing, if you have the time, and lets you spend more time
observing your work.

Yes, watering is very relaxing. I walk around the garden and manually
do it. Every day I see the plants. The ones that are thirsty get a
drink.

stonerfish

During the summer when I'm up at the crack of noon or later, I usually go
take a look at the plants in the garden before breakfast. While I'm much
more likely to water with the hose, I agree that checking the plants can
be a very cool thing.

Puckdropper