Old 19-04-2007, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default Gregoire and Orchids

Greg gave me details of his friends' orchid place. Greg, I went, they
were closed!! We hired a car for the day but we didn't check
beforehand if they opened every day, they didn't!! Anyway we walked
down the long drive to the closed gates where there was a car parked
with a child's bike beside it, we could hear the family in the gardens
but I didn't have the cheek to ring on the gate and say I know your
friend Gregoire, can I come in!!! I got all the information on the
place from the hotel as they recommended it as a place to visit,
another time, hopefully.

We also went, on the same day to a distillery, it too was closed!!!
it was lunchtime and it closed from 12 midday to 3p.m. so we didn't
get to see that either.

A valuable lesson was learnt, to phone beforehand to ensure they are
open!