Old 19-04-2007, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\) Robert \(Plymouth\) is offline

Default Planting out runner beans?

Broadback wrote:
: Alan Holmes wrote:
:: I started to plant out some runner beans which have been started in
:: the greenhouse, SWMBO has told me there may be frosts which will
:: affect them.
::
:: Is it possible there will still be some frost, and what effect would
:: it have on the beans anyway?
::
:: Alan
::
::
: Frost are always possible, even in June. I remember walking down to my
: allotment and passing several with frosted potatoes. It is a case of
: suck it and see, I would not plant out runner beans until well into
: May in North Staffordshire.

They are already planted out here in places but I prefer to play safe and
keep them in pots in the house garden and wait till a week or so into May
before they are planted out on the allotment