Old 19-04-2007, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default Recommended shrubs for common land on our estate

"Rhiannon S" wrote
I'd recomend a Monkey Puzzle tree, because I like monkey puzzle trees
and I think there should be more of the. Seriously, how about some of
the smaller flowering cherries, crab apples or hollies? All
reasonabbly low maintenance and pretty tough.

How about shrubby Hypericum e.g. Hidcote or similar, which is pretty
tough and a mass of cheerful yellow when it's in flower. I'd also add
things with scent which will waft around and be nice to walk past, such
as Sarcocca and Eleagnus ebbingei, both easy going evergreens and both
of which have small flowers in due season which could go unnoticed if it
weren't for their lovely drifting perfume.

--
Sue