Old 20-04-2007, 01:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default How cold can 3" plants stand outside?

On 19 Apr 2007 09:26:57 -0700, Nanzi wrote:

I started tomatoes, lavendar, and red salvia plants indoors and take
them out for sun every day. The weather has not been kind to us and
is still in the low 50's.

Without killing my small plants, or letting them get long and leggy,
or just die, how cold can it be for them outside????
TIA, Nanzi

Lavender is OK, although less so if they are very young. The tomatoes
will die at 32 degrees. Take them in or protect them if low
temperatures (anything in the 30's) are in the forecast. Not sure
about Salvia.