Old 20-04-2007, 02:38 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default any source for astroturf?

FireBrick said:

My dogs have pretty well ruined any chance of a nice grass back yard.
It's only 15x30 and wonder if anyone knows of a source for synthetic grass
or Astroturf.
Maybe end rolls?
Or replacements?

Please and thank you.

Why not a "tougher" turf grass? If Zoisia is viable in your area [1], it
may be a better choice. 15x30 you could sod pretty cheaply, and not have to
try and nurse seed or plugs to maturity.

I'm not so sure your neighbors would like to see a 450 sq/ft patch of
carpet, year round. I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't. If you're in a city
limit, there may also be ordinances or permits to consider. I've not seen
any astroturf home lawns (not that they don't exist, just that /I've/ never
seen one), and there must be a reason for it.

[1] You neglected to state your area, and what type of turf grass you
currently have. =)

--

Eggs

-Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.