Old 19-04-2007, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default Tropical tree

On Apr 19, 4:39 pm, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
In message .com,
" writes

I saw a beautiful tree on holiday, named Tulipe de Gabon. It had the
most wonderful huge red flowers and it was about 10 metres high.

Could I buy a small specimen here to keep in a heated conservatory and
restrict the roots by a large pot? Would it survive?

After hitting Google I infer that you are referring to Spathodea
campsnulata. Chiltern Seeds sell seed of these, and describe it as "A
magnificent tree for a large conservatory, with brilliant orange-scarlet
flowers." Nicky's seeds also carry it, and offer more seeds for your
money.

Spathodea campanulata has been discussed in uk.rec.gardening in the
past.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Stewart, I found the old discussion in 2005 on the above but there
wasn't much info there. However, I have now got all the info I
require so thanks to all of you.