Old 19-04-2007, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Keith \(Dorset\) Keith \(Dorset\) is offline

Default Planting out runner beans?

But, to tell the whole truth...

I have planted out Courgettes, Tomatoes, Tagetes, Pelargoniums...

all unprotected :-)

Keith

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message
We have only had two, very light frosts all winter. Yet, I haven't even
sowed runner beans yet.

Go for it. Plant them out, and if they are killed off, there's still
masses of time for another lot.

What on earth made you start so early?!!

Regards,

Keith
south Dorset

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

I started to plant out some runner beans which have been started in the
greenhouse, SWMBO has told me there may be frosts which will affect them.

Is it possible there will still be some frost, and what effect would it
have on the beans anyway?

Alan