Old 20-04-2007, 03:11 AM posted to austin.gardening,austin.food
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Thai Dragon Chilies

In article ,
"oldhickory" wrote:

Last year I got a Thai Dragon Chile plant at HEB at Parmer and 1431 and it
was great. It was very prolific and the peppers are REALLY hot--great for
our version of Meang Kum, which I call "Beer Mate".

http://www.google.com/search?q=thai+...=Google+Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...um&btnG=Search

I had not been able to find them this year, having checked the HEBs around
Cedar Park and Leander (the new HEB plus) very regularly, so I gave up and
started some from seeds in the chilies I have left. They have finally
germinated and are peeking out of the soil.

Today I found "Thai Chile" plants at the HEB at Parmer and 1431 again (still
none at the other locations today) so I grabbed some. I assume they are the
same as last year, I hope so. I was about to offer some seeds to the first
takers but it appears as though they can be had as plants now.

Check your local HEB if you're looking for a kick-butt chile.

I wonder if I could safely mail one to a cousin in South Dakota...nah, I'll
just send chilies when I harvest.

Cheers!
ie
ride fast, take chances.

I successfully mailed a live chili petin plant to England a couple of
years ago... ;-)

Since the weather is still cool, it's pretty safe to try.

Just use Priority mail and pack it properly.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.