Old 20-04-2007, 05:31 AM posted to austin.gardening,austin.food
oldhickory oldhickory is offline

Default Thai Dragon Chilies

I assume they are the same ones I used to buy at MT and Hong Kong in small
bags. I never handle them without rubber gloves and mince them well --seeds
removed--and only eat 3-4 tiny bits per mouthful, with a couple of peanuts,
a dried shrimp and a little minced lemon grass. Chase with a sip of good
beer.

They're monsters. They go from green to red, no yellow. I found lots of
places on the net with info after a google search. I'll have to find more
uses as soon as I lose this case of gastritis....

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
Steve Wertz wrote:
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 18:04:05 -0500, oldhickory wrote:
[ . . . ]
I've never heard of "Thai Dragon", but I'd bet Nick will be along
in a few minutes to set school us. [ . . . ]

Neither Jun nor I have heard of "Thai Dragon" chiles as such, but Google
suggests that they are "Capsicum annuum" or "Capsicum frutescens", with
Scoville: 75,000-150,000, and 1-3" long, red or dark red chile. They have
the Thai name "Prik Chii Faa" or 'sky-pointing' chile. It's also suggested
that they're mostly dried. The size and color match a lot of what's in the
20 Lb. bags of dried chiles we buy, so perhaps . . .

Seeds are available from http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/hot_peppers.htm

Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not forgotten. Thanks ! !
!
~Semper Fi~